Pages

1/12/2014

Revolution : The Three Amigos .. Who ?!


   My fellow revolutionaries and fervent Charloe devotees, I'm afraid I wasn't satisfied by last week's episode (and return) of Revolution. There is one simple and very easily fixable reason for that. Charloe. There was practically none. At the beginning of the episode, for like, the first ten minutes or so I had this huge goofy smile on my face, everything was perfect. Charloe was there and they even went on a rescue mission just the two of them, so f#cking sweet ..





   But then they decided they would split up (because that always works in the movies) and I was like no, not yet please, I haven't had enough ! But no, they were like, screw you we got a new character we gotta bring into the fold. So they made Monroe go on an adventure with Miles and his sulky girlfriend.




But even though there was only about 20 seconds of Charloe, something did happen that was worth noticing.




   The shoulder bumping. My oh my, the shoulder bumping. But it's not so much the bumping as the delicate feather-like caress that was this bump. First of all, there was plenty of room. She totally could have gone around him without ever having to touch him but I guess she figured 'might as well get something out of it' wink wink. I'm with you girl, I would've done the same. Second, he looked a little too still for it to be natural. And that's about it. Actually that is definitely it, there's nothing else Charloe related.





   I'm not gonna talk about the whole Connor thing because apart from Bass and Miles being adorable every time they interact with each other, and Bass going back into dictator mode, and Connor being an ass and a traitor, and Rachel being a pain, and Bass getting kidnapped there's really not that much to tell.




  Okay, fine, we'll talk about everything that doesn't involve Rachel.

 


So Bass' first meeting with his son was kind of awkward.. To say the least.




  So, Miles, Rachel and Monroe had to go to Mexico because that's where Connor is. So they went, knocked on a couple doors and then they hit the local tequila spot. And as luck would have it, Monroe's son is the big bad in town. Well, at least until we know the real big bad, the honorable position falls to Connor.




"Is this not the whitest Mexican in Mexico ?"
"Bass !"
"What ?"
"... That's him."




   So Bass is moved by the sight of his son but he's still a little underwhelmed by his progeny's accomplishments and ambitions. "Whoa thirt.. thirty men, really ? .. How do you command so many ?" When Bass is around I feel like all I really need to do is quote the dialog. It really does speak for itself.




Sorry, I'm gonna have to mention Rachel after all.




   That particular exchange made me realize a few things. First, Rachel is a bit deranged. Correction : she still is. In a cult fanatic kind of way like "you're a bad person, so your son is a bad person, that's basic genetics" like WHAAAT?! So his blood is bad, it's crazy blood is that what you're saying ? You don't think it has anything to do with the traumatizing life experiences he's lived through ?! You know ? All the parents, and siblings, and wife and kid he lost ? No, according to Rachel, Monroe's blood was just a bad batch and it's in Connor so that makes Connor a criminal. Okey dokey, thanks Rach'. 




   The second thing I realized was why Monroe said to Charlie she was like her mother earlier this season. Because Charlie also had that deranged edge to her when she was still team kill Monroe, saying awful things in this calm almost creepy voice. But she's not stupid or a psychopath so she only said things that, although unproven, were likely to be true. Like Monroe being cold and a manipulator and all. I mean let's face it, sure there is more to him (a lot more) but he is cold and a manipulator. So yeah it may not seem like it but I'm trying to make a point here : team Charlie, and more importantly team Charloe !




   Anyway, Monroe decided to sneak out of their little bonfire party and went after his son. And then, holy shit, General Monroe is back. Not for long I assume, but you know he had to relapse at some point, after all, he is only human. So basically, he wants to rebuild the Monroe Republic with his spawn and ultimately probably rule the world or something, I don't know. But, oops, his son is a dick and Monroe is gonna meet the real big bad. And Miles and Rachel are gonna rescue him, take Connor with them, and we'll have our little group with only the Nevilles missing. Speaking of those conniving bastards, I'm really starting to like their story line and I don't want it to end even if it means they join with the Monroe/Matheson alliance. They need to do their thing, take over the country and all, I'm rooting for that !




   So I get that this episode was necessary but Kripke, man do you realize how long I've waited for this ? Sure they were obvious similarities between Monroe and Charlie who's slowly (or not) turning into him, and Monroe did mention her when debating with Rachel, which I loved, of course, which is embarrassing .. But anyway, not enough ! Want more ! The only reason I decided to write about this episode after all was that I just read the synopsis for the next 3 episodes, and basically, /SPOILER/ everyone should be back in Willoughby by the end of episode 11, episode 12 doesn't look like it's gonna be big on Charloe but episode 13 however, looks awesome : essentially, risky mission with Charloe and Connor. Obvioulsy I can't wait for that episode and it's in exactly 17 days.. But hey, at least we got something to look forward to. That being said I'm really looking forward to seeing the Mexican action in a few days ! Until then, farewell my friends. Also, Charlie killed 2 Patriots for oranges. Well done, Grandpa Gene !


No comments:

Post a Comment

"When you bring an idea that has no merit to me, and you ask me to comment on it, I'm going to tell you it has no merit." (Kevin Leary)